Sunday, May 30, 2010

First smiles!

For awhile now, Paxton has been giving us "almost smiles". We've been hesitant to call any of them his first smile, so we've been patiently (or not) waiting for the first real smile. Yesterday, I was sitting on the couch holding Paxton and Presley was laying on the pillow next to us. Paxton looked right at him and broke into a huge, dimpled smile! I couldn't believe the dog got the first "real" smile! Guess that means they'll be best friends. Today during dinner, after wiping some spit-up off Paxton's chin, he gave me a huge open mouth smile that lasts at least 10 seconds! It brought tears to my eyes. Our little boy is growing up!

Yesterday, we also went on a day trip to Greenfield Village/Henry Ford Museum for their Civil War Rememberance weekend. It was Jim's Father's Day present and we all had a great time. It was a very hot day, so Paxton and I spent a lot of the day under trees while daddy walked around and looked different exhibits. Paxton slept through the whole adventure! Once we went inside the museum, I wore Paxton in my Moby wrap and he instantly passed out again. He really loves that thing!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for smiles! Make sure to get pictures for his Auntie Karen!

    ReplyDelete