Today, Paxton and I ventured to my doctor's office for my 6 week postpartum visit. Everyone oohed and aahed over him and how cute he was (which we already knew!). It was bittersweet to know that this was my last visit to the doctor for this pregnancy. I got very used to going to the office monthly, and then weekly. Sitting in the waiting room and watching pregnant mommas come in and out caused me to sit and reflect on the journey. It's so hard to believe that last August we rushed to the emergency room due to bleeding and feared the worst. Now 10 months later, we have our little prince in our lives. This journey has really been amazing for me and every time I look at Paxton I realize what a little miracle he is. God truly is amazing!
Anyways, the appointment went well and I've lost about 3/4 of my pregnancy weight. Thankfully, I got the clear to start exercising again, so I hope the rest of the weight will be gone soon!
In other news, we had our first weekend trip with Paxton this past weekend. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Jones' house in Vermilion. Paxton did really well and seemed to enjoy sleeping in his Pack N Play. We think he is going through a growth spurt right now though, because he is not sleeping as well as he has been. We usually only get about 4 hours out of him before he's up for another feeding.
I'm glad that your appointment went well. Yay for losing a good portion of the baby weight already. I felt the same way at my 6-wk appointment...almost a sadness that this chapter was coming to a close. It's weird to not see those people on a regular basis anymore.
ReplyDeleteAramelle
http://the-wheeler-family.net/anewwheeler/