Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blech.

Carrying after mom and dad, Paxton is NOT a fan of sweet potatoes. The first few bites went down well, but about halfway through, he started making the funniest faces and spitting them back out. I've found that I can trick him by mixing it with oatmeal or rice and it goes down smoothly. We have a whole big bag frozen, so we're going to keep trying!!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard to try foods ~15 times before determining if they like them! At first, Brennan made hysterical faces when we was eating sweet potatoes...I think it was more the texture than the taste. He doesn't have an issue with them anymore! If you haven't already, try mixing it with EBM or formula to thin it down. That seemed to help us!

    I hope you have pictures and/or videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until he's old enough for sweet potato fries! I HATED sweet potatoes until I had them as fries for the first time, and ever since I've been a convert (not as much as Mom would like of course, but enough for Thanksgiving!). Good luck figuring out Paxton's tastes!

    ReplyDelete