Monday, January 18, 2010

Third trimester

Well we're officially in the home stretch now!  Bean and I have entered our third (and final!) trimester!  Only 12 more weeks (give or take a few days) until we get to meet Bean!

I had my monthly doctor's appointment today and everything continues to look great!  My blood pressure and weight are both on target and I officially passed my sugar test (whew!).   The heartbeat sounded strong...even though Bean kept moving, making it difficult to get too long of a reading hehe.  We have one active munchkin in there!  According to the doctor, I am continuing to measure about 2 weeks ahead of schedule.  Apparently I've been measuring 2 weeks ahead consistently for the past three months.  At 20 weeks, I was measuring 22...at 24 weeks, I was measuring 26...and today, at 28 weeks, I am measuring 30.  It's something my doctor will continue to keep an eye on and it may mean meeting Bean sooner than expected and/or at least getting another ultrasound towards the end of my pregnancy!  I only have one monthly doctor's appointment left, then I start going every 2 weeks, and then, starting at 36 weeks, I will go every week.

We took our hospital tour last Wednesday.  The maternity ward at the hospital is very nice and it was nice to get a visual on where we will be in a few months.  We are scheduled for our childbirth class this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment