Most (alright who am I kidding, ALL) of the posts on this blog are about our little man. Here's a quick update in what's going on in the grown-ups world:
Jim recently started graduate school at the beginning of the semester. He is working towards getting his teaching license and Masters in Special Education. He is taking four classes currently, plus working a full time job. One class is online, but three are in the evenings, so it's just mommy and Paxton after school on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
I recently started working a second job- wedding planning! The lady I work for was the wedding coordinator for my best friend Danielle's wedding. Danielle started working for her shortly after her wedding and I just started in August! I only do sporadic weddings during the school year but look forward to a summer full of weddings in 2012! I am taking the fourth class in a series of five to earn my Autism Certificate from BGSU. I also recently started taking classes towards becoming a BCBA (board certified behavior analyst). I am taking my classes online through the University of North Texas. I also have to complete a significant number of hours of working with behavior, but thankfully almost all of the hours can be completed through my job.
So obviously Jim and I both love being students and will be life-long learners. Education is very important and we hope to teach Paxton that through our daily lives as parents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment