Well, Bean's official due date has arrived and he/she has not graced us with his/her presence!! Mommy and daddy have been trying everything they can think of to get him/her out and nothing's working. Guess it's just a little too warm and snuggly in there!
Since I last updated the blog, I have been back to the doctor twice. On Good Friday, I got to see my usual doctor. I was still 2-3cm dilated but was 60% effaced, as opposed to 50% from the week before. My doctor guessed that we would have an Easter baby on our hands. She was happy with the progress I had made and said that usually women who make that much progress in one week don't wait that much longer before going into labor. That whole weekend we kept waiting on something to happen, but Easter came and went without any excitement.
We had a very nice Easter Sunday and went to church with my parents and went to their house for Easter dinner. Bean and mommy ate very well! The following week was Spring Break but I managed to work 4 days and wrap up everything that needed to be done before I went on maternity leave.
My second doctor's appointment was Friday, April 9th. My doctor said she was surprised to see me! She checked me again and I was STILL 2-3cm (ugh), but had progressed to 80% effaced. We briefly discussed what would happen if Bean decided not to come, but the doctor again predicted that I wouldn't make it through the weekend. I was very frustrated that I hadn't made more progress and didn't really see an end in sight. I told the doctor I did not believe her predictions anymore haha! So I made my last doctor's appointment for Wednesday, April 14th. My doctor is on call April 15th at the hospital and we are looking at that date for induction, if Bean hasn't arrived by then.
So, here we are, April 12th, and still no baby! Come on out, Bean! We all want to meet you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment