Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baby shower #2 and weekly appointments!

Baby Bean and I had our second shower this past weekend. It was thrown my mother-in-law and was wonderful! The theme was "Zoo Crew" and there were tons of jungle animals everywhere! It went perfectly with our nursery. We had yummy food (chicken salad sandwiches, veggies, fruit, punch, and cake) and played fun games. Bean was spoiled yet again! After unpacking everything in the nursery, it looks like a disaster zone! Hopefully Bean doesn't decide to come early because there is absolutely no room for him/her in his/her own room!!

Jim and I also bought a car seat this weekend and put the Pack n Play together. We're leaving them set up around the house, so P can get used to seeing them. We pushed the stroller around the house and he was not a fan. He was barking like crazy and running away from it. Guess we'll have to work on that!!

I started my weekly appointments today. Nothing too exciting to report (thankfully!). Baby is still head down and is sitting up high. I'm not dilated at all (which is good!). Got to hear the heartbeat again and that just never gets old! The doctor went over how to know when I'm in labor and when we should head to the hospital. I told her I didn't plan on going into labor before I saw her again!! I have no swelling, and she made a comment on how good my legs look. Blood pressure was a little high (for me...not really too high for a "typical" person), so it's something to keep an eye on (I think it's directly related to my crazy morning this morning before getting to the appointment!!). The doctor made the comment that I was a "model pregnant woman" and should give classes on how to be pregnant. She said I never complain about anything and have had a smooth pregnancy. I laughed and told her she should ask Jim's opinion on that!! I go back for my next appointment next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment